Thursday, May 13, 2010

99 problems..

Ever have one of those days that you would just like to start over?? Um, yea....

Meant to get up early today and get about 80 or so, and due to drowning my sorrows after the pens loss last night, I didn't get out till a little after noon.  You'll have that.

Made it about halfway through a 40 mile loop, nicked a rock, and bye bye tire.



Usually, I carry 2 tubes, a patch kit, and a dollar bill for use as a tire boot.  It has saved me more than once. I walked for a minute to the nearest parking lot, look at the giant hole in my sidewall, and wonder if the dollar will hold it together.  Pull out the NEW tube, and pump it up a little bit.  Aaannnndd it doesn't hold air.  Apparently I had had it in my seat bag for a little too long, and wore a hole in the side of it.

Remember how I mentioned that I usually carry 2 tubes?  Yea.. not today.

So anyways, I think to my self, "wow, good thing I grabbed those patches and the tube of glue.  Fuck, this tube of glue dried up."

I sat there for a while, and looked up on the phone how far of a walk it would be to the nearest bike shop.  Seven miles to ProBikes in monroeville.  Um, no. Ended up calling CB for a ride home.  First, and hopefully last, time that I'll have to do that.

Oh yea, I think I'm done with continental road tires too.  They sure are comfy riding them, but this is the third sidewall I've destroyed this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment