Saturday, September 19, 2009

Almost cross season

I'm starting to get excited for cross season finally. Or maybe I'm ready to wrap up mountain bike season? Skipping out on the WVMBA series championship in the am because I am stuck at work tonight. It's looking like my last mountain race of the season will be Revenge of the Rattlesnake in Davis, WV.

I went to cross practice for a bit on Tuesday for the first time this year, and from the small amount of running that I did, I am still feeling it 4 days later. I think that I am going to try and run maybe 2 or 3 days a week. I started today before work, and it really wasn't too bad. Only meant to go out for about 2 mikes or so, but ended up with about 4. I have very hesitant about running, ever since I had some knee issues a few years ago. That probably didn't have anything to do with the issues I had them, I just partially blamed the running, because it sucks!! The real reason that I was having problems then, I think, is that I was riding way too much, in freezing cold weather, without warming up or stretching properly. Ever since, I have shied away from running, but if I'm going to race cross this year, I'm going to have to suck it up a little bit.

It's looking like my first cross race is going to be Iron Cross. Hah, way to start out the season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment