Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to reality

So, I'm now back from the Shenandoah 100, and a few days in Asheville, NC. The race was fun, the vacation was wet. I wish that we could have spent a few more nice days there. Maybe we have to do a little bit of a better job planning next time. It was definately nice to sleep in a bunch of days in a row. The 5 hours of sleep every night is going to take some getting used to again.

I'm pretty happy with my time at the race, with a 9:09. Almost cracked the top 50 ish, I think. Definately getting a lot better at these races. I got stuck for a bit going up one of the singletrack climbs, and waited a little too long to pass. If not for that, I could have cracked 9 hours. At least now I have a goal for next year.

Totally skipped out on racing altogether this weekend, and I feel bad about it, because I know that Chrissy wanted to race, but just didn't feel like spending 4 hours in a car each way to the race. We ended up going kayaking on the river instead, and enjoyed the day.

Still trying to figure out how to race in Morgantown this weekend, since I have to work till 5 am Sunday morning, and be back to work at 5 pm. Blah. Pack fodder once again?? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment