Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day off, week off??

Well, I suppose that it had to happen sometime. I am tired. Just worn out. I didn't say burned out, just in need of a little break. Between Chrissy moving, work being back to normal with me trying to suck up a few overtime days, and spending a bunch of time going to races, I just haven't been able to catch up.

Yesterday, I had a day off. I figured that since I had a day to myself, I had some business that I should take care of. The radiator in my car has been giving me some crap lately, or more specifically, not doing it's job of keeping the coolant in the car, and it was about time to take care of this.

I had been looking around on the interwebs for a few days, trying to see exactly how to go about changing the radiator on the Jetta. Thought that I pretty much had it figured out, and about 4 hours later ended up with this:



Oh man. I hoped that I could get this thing back together. I had piles of bolts everywhere. It turned out, that it ended up being much easier getting it back together, and I only had one screw left over! Mission accomplished, I hope.

As far as riding goes, I got out on the road bike for a quick 20 miles or so this afternoon, as it had been feeling neglected lately. I don't think that I have ridden it for about 3 weeks. Felt pretty good once I got moving, and it was nice to get a little bit of time in on the fast bike. I'm kinda missing racing at the oval a little bit. Looking forward to the P course next week.

No racing this weekend. Thinking about heading out for a really long ride on Sunday, maybe 120 or so miles, up to Laurel Mountain and back. If not there, maybe something headed north. We'll see how everyhing turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment