Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Restin'

This weekend pretty much ended up being a rest weekend. The original plan was to head out for a little 120 ish mile ride on Sunday, but I suppose that it just wasn't meant to be.

Caught up on some much needed sleep, and decided that a 60-70 mile ride would be a better idea... until I went outside! Starting a long ride at 1pm in august is probably not the best idea that I had ever come up with. It was probably 90 when we left, and 20 miles in, I knew that we wouldn't be making our planned route. A quick turn, changed it into 35 miles, which ended up being plenty.

Hit up the C race last night, and paid my $10 donation to the guys that like to sprint in that cluster fuck. Ugh, I don't know why I bother with that race sometimes, scares the crap out of me usually. Really looking forward to the P course tonight. I'm hoping that I can get out of work in time so I don't have to be too rushed. Shouldn't be a major problem. Ride home from work, change clothes and bikes, and roll down the hill. My goal tonight is to not get lapped. I'll just get out there and try to have some fun. If it ends up raining, not even sure if I'll go tonight, but probably will. Have to use my season pass, the race season at the oval is almost over.

Planning on doing a crazy EPIC ride tomorrow. From home to the top of Laurel Mountain and back. Have to look up the route at some point today. I can't wait to bomb down Route 30!! Should be fun. As will the bike-in movie tomorrow night, Rad! Totally psyched!

Hopefully I'll have a ride report tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment